Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thursday Update

  • Coach Trooper Taylor was on Sports Call today. He made it sound as if July's big event could be the Fourth of July weekend. He said an upcoming holiday will be very enjoyable for Auburn fans and to save money by not buying fireworks because this unknown event will be "the fireworks".
  • He also said he thinks he can sign 6 of his 8 wide receiver targets.
  • Still no concrete information about Aairon Savage.
  • Chad Slade visited last weekend. He said if he is offered he will likely accept. His only offer right now if from Mississippi State.
  • Everyone now is raving over Jessel Curry. He is being called "freakish". Looks like he is very underrated. I think he will have stars up next month.
  • Markeith Ambles' recruiting is beginning to fall apart. He has had offers withdrawn from Southern California and Auburn. He also had his offer to play in the Under Armour All-American Game withdrawn. I've also heard that Florida might have withdrawn theirs. I am not exactly sure but I have heard there are off the field issues.
  • Long time coming, but Lamarcus Joyner officially eliminated Auburn. He named his top six as Ohio State, Alabama, Florida State, Florida, Georgia and Tennessee.
  • Also, not football related, but the Village, the new dorms being built across from Beard-Eaves, will not be finished on time. Two of the eight buildings will not be completed until September or October. Students scheduled to live in these two buildings will be in the Extension until they are ready.

4 comments:

  1. Beav, Someone on al.com blog is claiming AU will receive 2 "great" commits in July. Same person says its not Seastrunk or Reed(who Trovon?)Although same guy "says" they are AU bound. However, the guy's handle is nicksabn. Is this solid or is some goober just playing with my emotions? Is TT's "fireworks" what nicksabn is taking about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. To the comment above. I have heard that one of the great commits (and the one I am most excited for) is Michael Dyer. I guess that the other will be Chase Hughes? Not sure at all.

    That is really sad to hear about Ambles. I know nothing of him, but it is just terrible to be in a position and to throw it all away.

    I feel so bad for the people who paid to live in the Village but have to live at the Extension.....The Extension is HORRIBLE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the extension was awesome - and that was when there were four people per room. i loved my time there. it's not like living in the hamptons, but when you're surrounded by auburn tigers, life is good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Blog Beaver! Like most folks here, I am obsessed with college football and especially Auburn. After reading the posts above, I had to comment on life at the CDV extension. I lived in the Extension the summer of 1987. It was either new or a year or so old and it was THE placee to live in Auburn. Where else, besides off campus, could you live and have beautiful Auburn coeds as neighbors on both sides?! My three roomates and I loved living at "the Village" as it was referred to then. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

hit counters