Monday, June 8, 2009

Jawara White Commits

As expected, three star linebacker Jawara White has become Auburn's sixth commitment for the 2010 recruiting class and second big in-state commitment in the last four days. White announced at Charles Henderson High School this afternoon. White is a three star on both Rivals and Scout and was given a ranking of 79 on ESPN.com. Rivals ranks him the number 28 ranked outside linebacker while Scout ranks him 25th.

In 2008, he racked up 88 tackles, one interception, six forced fumbles with two recoveries, five batted balls, four sacks and scored one defensive touchdown. He is 6'2", 220 lbs and runs a 4.58 40 yard dash. Others offers he held are Alabama, UAB, Arkansas, Florida State, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Southern Miss and Troy. He visited Auburn, Alabama and Florida State this summer. He is the second linebacker commitment for the Tigers for this class.

11 comments:

  1. I will have more up later...I have to study some actually haha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard rumors about Aleon Calhoun but those are purely rumors as far as I know...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beaver, you said that he's the second LB in the class. I thought that Kitchens was also projected to be an OLB. Am I uninformed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beav-Theres rumors on the AU rivals boards that Seastrunk AND Lattimore have contacted Santrell Henderson (#1 overall player)and requested that he visit AU. Can you confirm this? Thanks man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He was offered as a wide receiver by Auburn and NC State and as a linebacker by everyone else. He was recruited by Trooper Taylor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And...I have heard rumors Lattimore contacted Seantrel but I have not heard Seastrunk...I also haven't heard anything concrete but it seems pretty credible..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apparently Seastrunk contacted Henderson. For some reason I can't post the link here, but go to The Sporting News website and search for either The Recruitnik or Brian McLaughlin. He has a blog post about Lattimore's visit for the BCW and in the comments he responds to a post saying that Seastrunk actually called him looking for Henderson's number. It's like the 4th or 5th comment down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brian McLaughlin also says he is pretty sure Seastrunk is a silent commit to Auburn.

    Although I still have a feeling Trovon Reed may lead him to LSU, I absolutely can't imagine a non-commit so actively recruiting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah I see it now. Very good news...

    ReplyDelete

hit counters