Sunday, August 16, 2009

Recruiting Updates

  • Chase Hughes has named a new leader: Ole Miss. He says after a visit they slightly lead.
  • The guys at Rivals seem to think Auburn has a shot at getting one of Kyle Prater's official visits even though he has cut Auburn from his top choices. Trooper Taylor is quietly working hard on Prater.
  • LaDarius Owens says he will take a long look at each school before he pulls the trigger and that could be in late fall.
  • Owens also says he has started to get a lot of attention from UCLA, Oklahoma and Miami but does not have an offer yet.
  • Marcus Lattimore says he plans to take his official visits to Auburn, South Carolina, North Carolina, Penn State and Oregon.
  • Some new offensive linemen Auburn is likely to begin looking at are Kyle Brown and Jake Smith.

10 comments:

  1. Beaver,

    Do you still feel good about our chances with Owens? And does Chase Hughes have a "firm" offer from us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't get a read on our offensive line recruiting. Does our staff not want Chase? I kinda thought he was a silent, and then I wondered if he was low on our wish list and we hadn't extended a commitable offer, but I can't believe Kyle and Jake would be higher on the wish list than Chase. Very strange. Our position of most need and it looks completely haphazard, like our staff either can't recruit decent lineman, or they don't know what they want at that position. I hope Chizik and crew know something we don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!..just WOW! I thought that Chase was high on our list but i guess i was wrong. I mean weve done got Richardson, his teammate, and got Troop recruiting him so i figured they were just holding him until i certain time. With our needs at O-line and early playing time in the mix, i just figured has was AU bound...maybe the coaches have got a few higher rated guys they feel good about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Owens is locked up for Auburn...personally...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beaver I hope you are right on Owens.

    OT Does anyone know of anybody selling AU-TN tickets? Thanks for replies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anyway Jared Morse changes his commimment from Vandy. I actually know him. He used to go to my school and he flat backed everybody in football practice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guy, Chase Hughes DOES NOT have an Auburn offer and never had a committable offer.

    You really think this kid wouldn't have committed to Auburn by now if he could?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boris, Rivals disagrees. Who knows? I can't imagine us not giving him a committable offer. Chase is a very good prospect. I don't see many on our OL recruit board much higher. I'm sure the staff has a plan but we need to sign 5-6 OL in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is auburn considering this Darren Daniel from Central H.S. , Phenix city, AL.... this kid is extremely good. I really think he would project well as a wide out/ wildcat Q.b. I know his coach personally, and he raves about this kids athleticism...

    ReplyDelete

hit counters