Friday, April 24, 2009

TGIF

Hey everybody.  This week and the next week and a half will be stressful with finals coming up so I do not know how much I will be posting.  I will try to get one every day but no guarantees.  Good luck to any of the readers who have finals coming up, I am dreading mine.
  • The NFL Draft is tomorrow and I see only three Tigers ending up being drafted.  Out of the ten eligible Tigers, I see Sen'Derrick Marks, Tyronne Green and Jerraud Powers.  ESPN.com rates Marks as the 7th best defensive tackle, Green as the third best guard and Powers as the 20th best cornerback in the draft.  Lester could be picked but I doubt it.  After last years draft, Marks was projected to be the 3rd best player in the draft this year but has since fallen down lists.  I expect to see him in the second or early third round.
  • DeMarcus Milliner, a four star cornerback, visited Auburn on Thursday for the first time.  He is the 30th best player in the nation for 2010.  He said it went great but he does not have any favorites. "They say that (Alabama's leading) because I've been there the most and haven't really visited anywhere else. But I'm really not leaning toward anyone right now. I don't want to make a decision too early and then regret it. It could be the fall or signing day when I announce. I'm not in a big rush." 
  • That's really all I've got today.  This blog is still a new thing for me but I am thinking about opening it up to all Auburn sports.  I'd love to get all of y'all's feedback.  Leave a comment if you think it's a good idea.

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE your recruiting updates and all of your practice blurbs (during Spring Practice). As long as you keep those up, I'm fine with it. You do a heck of a job with the blog, man. It's part of my nightly AU Sports fix. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say if you've got time for it, hit it hard brother. I've already said it before, I get more AU football info here than all other outlets combined. Keep up the hard work it is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the solid work!

    -heyjeffheyron

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be much more fired up if some of these 30 players knew full well they wanted to go to Auburn and went ahead and committed. Seems like everyone visiting says: "I have no favorites and will make a decision later." This doesn't seem to be the case at Florida, LSU and Bammer now as indicated by the number of commits. I know it's very early, but some big commits would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you have time to put up other sports great. Either way I'm checking your blog everyday for the latest in Auburn football or whatever you'd post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do a great job with this blog. I would not mind seeing other sports reported here as long as football news/recruiting remains the top priority. No one else follows recruiting as close as you do.

    ReplyDelete

hit counters