Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sanders Officially Commits!

Former Alabama commitment Craig Sanders has left the Crimson Tide for Auburn according to multiple reports. The four star defensive end committed to Alabama in May but has not heard from the Tide coaches much lately.

Sanders and Bama pledge Corey Grant visited Auburn for the West Virginia game. He is ranked the 12th best defensive end in the country by Rivals and the 199th best player in the nation. He is ranked the 7th best player in the state by Rivals. Sanders is also a four star on Scout and ranked the 20th best player on Scout. ESPN.com rates him a three star (79/100) and the 40th best defensive end.

Sanders is out of Ariton High School in Ariton, Alabama. As a junior he racked up 90 tackles and 9 sacks. Sanders also rushed for 1,057 yards and 16 touchdowns in only seven games. He was named Class 1A All State by ASWA as a junior and was a finalist for the Mr. Football award. As a sophomore he had 79 tackles, 19 sacks and blocked three kicks.

He has offers from Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, LSU, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, Florida, Florida State, Clemson and Georgia. He is 6'4", 230 lbs. and runs a 4.6 second 40 yard dash. He projects to qualify with a 3.68 GPA and a 19 on the ACT, which he plans to retake. He will major in criminal justice and plans on enrolling in January.

10 comments:

  1. Hey Beaver I asked you this earlier, but it probably was not worded correctly. Is this the piece of news expected last weekend? Or do I see another piece coming to excite us? Thanks man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enroll in January, so will he count towards the 2008 signing class? Welcome, Mr Sander. WDE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it's great news! We know the Bammers will say it's because of the depth they have a LB and it maybe true but also I believe that many recruits are seeing that Auburn is not as bad as they thought. Sanders should get immediate playing time next year. Now it's off to get CJ Mosley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beav how has he done so far this season as a Senior?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome!! Beaver do u have a list of vistors this weekend??

    ReplyDelete
  6. 5* LB Jeff Luc
    5* RB Michael Dyer
    5* DB Matt Elam
    4* DB Deitrich Riley
    4* DE Corey Lemonier
    4* LB Travis Williams

    Yeah Rocky Snot! Rocky Snot Tennessee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. probably not the place to mention it but I heard that Seastrunk was going to USC twice this year. Have we just lost him or what? I know it seems we got Dyer which I think may be the best anyways but for this O I could see that kid doing some great things. What are the people in the know saying about this ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I was bored and I made a spreadsheet with all the kids that were either committed or I was pretty sure were silently committed, plus any kids that Auburn was in hot pursuit of. I was suprised to see that were are almost full, and that assumes we are able to sign a full 25 next year. What I'm not sure about is 1) how many openings do we have for early enrollers in the 2009 class, and 2) does that number count against the 28 total allowed in February (I'm guessing it doesn't).

    Regardless, I see some grayshirts coming if guys like Ahmad Dixon and Corey Lemonier decide to sign with Auburn. And if we are serious players for James Stone or Damien Robinson (I have no idea) then there will definitely be some tough choices in our coaches' future. But I'm beginning to think that what we heard about Coach Luper saying the staff was basically done with next February's class was good information. I don't expect too many new names, if any to pop up on Auburn's recruiting radar from here on out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not to worried about Lache. Why wouldn't he want to go visit this weekend, its Cal/USC, going to be a good game. I don't know too much about his recruitment but I really am not worried where he visits, as long as we get one official visit I think we'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey guys sorry I have had some serious Internet and computer issues lately...yes this is what I previously talked about...he will count toward this signing class...I will try to get yall some stats when I fix these problems...

    ReplyDelete

hit counters